Sage has issued a hotfix for their payroll which allows those who elected not to subscribe to the new payroll tiers to view payroll reports. Previously if a subscription was not present and the user previously was licensed for payroll they would have been locked out of the module – including any reporting.
This hotfix also reportedly extends the payroll expiration date for partner and accountant internal use copies of Sage payroll.
A separate hotfix is available by version and the fixes are only available for supported versions of Sage 100 and Sage 100c.
Allows read-only access to an unregistered Payroll Module.
Extends the Payroll expiration date for Resellers and SAN Customers with Not For Resale (NFR) keys.
Payroll expiration date is expired for NFR keys
No longer own the Payroll module and need access to Payroll reports
After installing this program fix:
- Customers who no longer own the Payroll module will have Read-Only access to their Payroll reports
- Payroll read-only allows access to most reports under the Payroll > Reports menu as well as the Quarterly Governmental Report and Employee Totals
- Verification report under the Payroll > Period End menu
This enhancement is available for the following Sage 100 versions:
- 2015 PU5
- 2016 PU2 and higher
- 2017 PU1 and higher
Partners and SAN customers who have NFR in their product key, the Payroll Expiration Date will be extended to one of the following dates depending on the version:
- Sage 100 2015 PU3 and higher – 12/31/2018
- Sage 100 2016 PU1 and higher – 12/31/2019
- Sage 100 2017 PU1 and higher – 12/31/2020
If the Payroll expiration date does not update after installing the applicable Program Fix, do the following:
- Open Library Master, Setup, System Configuration
- Click the Registration tab
- Click Activate or click Edit then click Activate
Download the applicable program fix below for the specific version of Sage 100 you have installed.