Sage have updated their Sage 100 supported versions matrix in anticipation of the release of Sage 100 2017 scheduled for October 25, 2016. This documents shows which releases of Sage 100 are still supported by Sage and through what date.
As I’ve noted previously, play close attention to the date the last product updates are released for each version. I feel this is the most relevant signal of support ending for a particular Sage 100 version.
Once product updates (bundles of fixes) are no longer scheduled for a Sage 100 version you are not guaranteed of receiving a fix if a particular issue arises in that version.
You can see that Sage 100 v2016 receives the last product update in June 2017 – roughly 1.5 years after release.
This signals the importance of adopting new releases promptly. The days of waiting a year to “see how stable a release is” are largely over.
Which Versions of Sage 100 Are Retired?
The following releases of Sage 100 (aka MAS 90 or MAS 200) are officially no longer supported by Sage. Use this guide to also view the date when support stopped for your version of Sage 100.
Note that in most cases your data will migrate from an older outdated version of Sage 100 / MAS 90 / MAS 200. Depending upon how old the version you may need to make an interim conversion which usually will involve beginning the upgrade using at least version 3.71.
- Sage 100 ERP (formerly Sage MAS 90/200) version 2013 (5.0) (released 12/2012) was retired September 30, 2016
- Sage 100 ERP (formerly Sage MAS 90/200) version 4.50 (released 08/2011) was retired September 30, 2015
- Sage ERP MAS 200 SQL version 4.45 (released 11/2010) was retired September 30, 2012
- Sage 100 ERP (formerly Sage MAS 90/200) version 4.40 (released 02/2010) was retired September 30, 2014
Note: Includes the Extended Enterprise Suite (EES) version 1.4
- Sage ERP MAS 90 and 200 version 4.30 (released 06/2008) was retired September 30, 2013
Note: Includes the Extended Enterprise Suite (EES) version 1.3
- Sage ERP MAS 90 and 200 version 4.20 (released 10/2007) was retired September 30, 2012
- Sage (or formerly Best Software) MAS 90 and 200 versions 4.10, 4.05, and 4.00 (released 10/2005, 11/2004, and 04/2004, respectively) were retired September 30, 2011
- Sage (or formerly Best Software) MAS 200 SQL versions 3.74, 3.73, and 3.72 (released 07/2007, 12/2005, and 11/2004, respectively) were retired September 30, 2011
- Sage (formerly Best Software) MAS 90 and 200 version 3.71 (released 11/2002) was retired September 30, 2010
- Sage (formerly Best Software) MAS 90 and 200 version 3.70 (released 02/2002) was retired around October of 2005
- Sage Extended Solutions (custom enhancements to the MAS 90 or 200 software, some formerly known as Macabe Easy Solutions enhancements prior to acquisition) were retired by November 1, 2010. However, some selected enhancements were incorporated into the product over the course of versions 4.40 through 2013.
- Note: For many retired Extended Solutions, source code was released to Development Partners, and several continue to provide updates for current versions.
- Earlier versions of Sage (or Best Software) MAS 90 and 200 (3.61, 3.60, 3.51, 3.50, 3.41, 3.40, etc.) were all retired by 2005 or years earlier.