Sage have just released their initial pre-release guide to the new features expected for Sage 100 ERP 2013 – Standard, Advanced and Premium editions.
This version, also referred to as version 5.0, is due via electronic download (extra fee for disks) in a beta format starting approximately October 2012. The general availability and early adopter customers can expect delivery about November 2012 with general availability planned for December 2012.
As with all information about pre-release software – features (and timing of release) are subject to change without prior notice.
The Sage 100 ERP 2013 release (formerly Sage ERP MAS 90 and 200 5.0) will focus on providing compelling value to existing customers, generate interest in the marketplace with new connected services and add-on solutions, and continuing to offer more deployment and pricing options. Substantial value will be provided to existing customers by addressing their top enhancement requests, Auto Updates for easy application of Sage 100 ERP Product Updates, enhanced Credit Card Processing using Sage Exchange, and more.
The main features and functionality enhancements in Sage 100 ERP 2013 will be in Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation, Inventory Management, Paperless Office, Sage CRM, and enhanced Credit Card Processing though Sage Exchange. Accounts Payable Invoice Numbers will be expanded, customers and vendors will be able to be designated as Inactive, Paperless Office will be able to utilize public email servers, and enhancements will be made to the Inventory Maintenance screen. Multiple ERP companies will be able to be aligned to a single CRM database, and Quick Order Entry screens will enable Sage 100 ERP quotes and orders to be processed in the familiar Sage CRM environment These customer-requested features and functionality were obtained through various feedback and evaluation methods, including the Sage customer enhancement request website and user surveys.
Both new and existing customers will find immediate benefit to their business operations from the enhancements in Sage 100 ERP 2013. We strongly encourage customers running older versions of Sage 100 ERP to schedule their 2013 upgrades shortly following the release, so they can begin utilizing the enhancements and the business benefits outlined in this document.
- Expanded invoice number to 20 characters
- Inactive vendors flag – with “reason codes”
- Cleared check information will show in vendor maintenance
- Inactive customers flag – with “reason codes” (Restricts account from all activity except cash receipts)
- Main tab to include quantity and pricing information
- ACH details for vendors show unique electronic check # and amount
- Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Support for mail services such as GMAIL, Yahoo, AT&T and Hotmail
- Allow for use of SMTP authentication
- Encrypted communication between client and server
- Upgrade safe Sage CRM customizations
- Multi-company Sage CRM – multiple companies can map to a single Sage CRM system
- Sage CRM quick order entry from within CRM
Credit Card Processing
- PC Charge will retire as of December 31, 2012
- Use of fully integrated credit card processing will require Sage Payment Solutions merchant account
- Sage Exchange integration to store sensitive payment information in Sage Exchange Vault
- Sage Mobile Payments to accept payment via smartphone which then synchronizes back to your accounting
- Sage Mobile Invoice Query, Pay and Post – Use your smartphone to identify existing open customer invoices and pay via credit card swipe