From February 9, 2012 to February 13, 2012 I will be attending a private meeting with other Sage Business Partners in San Diego California.
This conference, termed “Meeting of the Minds” , is sponsored by The 90 Minds Consulting Group – a 100+ member organization which I helped found back in 2005.
The 90 Minds Consulting Group is an independent collaborative organization where consultants from across the country share knowledge around topics that in turn help their customers derive greater value from their ERP software.
Some examples of the knowledge sharing:
- At least half a dozen members are experts on scripting within Sage 100 ERP (formerly Sage ERP MAS 90 and 200)
- The group regularly polls all members on when the latest release of Sage product is relatively bug free and safe to install
- At least half a dozen members are experts on the popular Job Ops third party manufacturing solution
- Joined by a common online social platform , group members exchange inquiries about technical support issues which allow them to bypass the official support avenues of the software publisher – and ensure a higher level of support.
- Feedback on experiences with third party solutions – including which ones to embrace and which to avoid.
The group was formed (and continues to thrive) based on an awareness that simply providing a help desk level of support is no longer acceptable to most customers. Customers were asking for opinions on various solutions to software issues that could not be answered simply by browsing a relatively static knowledgebase.